How to make two instances of your custom feature?
Today I will discuss how to make two instances of your custom feature in your site definition file
NOTE: This entry is for SharePoint 2007…. Moreover I am assuming that you have some prior knowledge of how to create your custom Site Definitions…
- Make your custom Feature using XML or Solution generator.
- Solution generator will generate the schema and all the aspx pages that are required by that feature.
- For Solution generator to work you need to install Visual Studio 2005 and at least Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Go to Element Manifest from the folder… 12TemplatesFeaturesCustomFeatureListTemplates
- Edit the Element Manifest.XML file in any XML Editor (in my case I prefer VS 2005)
- Make a new entry by copying the entry which is already present there and changing its type.
- Save the file and you are done
- Re-install the feature by using command line command stsadm –o installfeature –name FeatureName –force
- Restart IIS
- Create a new site then go to Manage Site Content appearing on the left side above Quick Launch and then click create from the top there you see two instances of same feature.
- Posted in: Uncategorized