How to get protector certificate against employment visa in Pakistan
- Get passport sized pictures with white background (at-least 20 – rest will be consumed in UAE).
- Getting the degrees verified from (in order) HEC, Foreign Office and UAE Embassy (please follow my blog post https://ahmedmuneeb1.wordpress.com/2012/09/11/steps-to-apply-for-employment-visa-for-any-gulf-based-country/
- Once the employment VISA is processed then there is a requirement from Immigration office Pakistan to get a ‘protector certificate’ which usually takes one day and can be done from their Lahore or Rawalpindi office – Lahore office’s address is 117-G Model town, Lahore. Fee is PKR 6500/- and following are the pre-requisites
- NICOP (National Identity card for overseas Pakistanis) or if you don’t have it then apply for it at NADRA office (this will take one extra day) they will issue you a slip and a number which can be submitted instead of card itself.
- 2 copies of Passport + 1 copy of employment contract + 1 copy of NICOP or NADRA’s NICOP application slip (in case if you don’t have NICOP card) + 1 copy of NADRA card (National Identity card) and couple of picture with white background.
- Go to 117-G Model town, Lahore at 9AM sharp (it will be a long queue). Must take your original documents with you (Passport, CNIC, NICOP). Submit documents along with fee before 12 Noon and they will give you the certificate by 3PM.
Must keep your original documents with you (Especially Passport and NIC) all the time.
Please note that if the candidate does NOT have a protector certificate he wont be allowed to travel by the immigration of Pakistan and will be returned from the air port.
There is no concept of ENCR stamps for Pakistani Passports- It only applies to Indian Passports.
Ok to board – Self explanatory :-)